Chambers ALL IN for Economic Recovery
The Manteno Chamber of Commerce is ALL IN, and has joined the Chambers ALL IN for Economic Recovery initiative. With 50 chambers of commerce across the state of Illinois participating, this initiative calls upon legislators across the state to prioritize economic relief for the business community in the wake of a devastating year. The below platform was designed collaboratively with the business community's input to identify items that our state legislature should consider to spur short- and long-term economic relief. This growing coalition of chambers of commerce urges the Illinois Legislature to prioritize relief for Illinois' businesses.
Chambers ALL IN for Economic Recovery calls for:
- Creation of a formalized private- and public-sector-led collaborative commission with the goal of understanding and responding to the ongoing pandemic and the long-term economic impacts of COVID-19.
- Extension of policy exempting unemployment benefits claims from affecting employers' contribution rate for layoffs caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Installation of tax credits and incentives to eligible businesses that encourage job creation,workforce development, and business growth and development.
- Establishment of business tax credits for expenses related to establishing remote work capabilities.
- Legal protections to employers that follow the CDC established safety guidelines from claims that COVID-19 was contracted at the place of business.
- A call for more significant financial investments in Get Hired IL to assist in retraining workers for talent retention. The investment can aid in bringing the COVID-19 Employment Recovery Project to prominence in all 102 counties and develop program capacity to subsidize retraining costs.
- A call to refrain from decoupling from federal tax credits provided for businesses in the CARES Act to ensure eligible businesses receive financial relief.
What is the Chambers ALL IN Initiative?
- A collaborative effort of 50 chambers of commerce from across the state of Illinois.
- An effort representing more than 13,000 Illinois businesses employing more than 500,000 people.
- A unified, grassroots call for legislators to provide economic relief to our business community.
What Prompted Chambers ALL IN?
- The needs of our business community and the challenges businesses have faced as a direct impact of COVID-19.
- The mission of the of the Manteno Chamber is to support and advocate for the prosperity of our members.
- The Manteno Chamber stands with the business community, serving as a collective and unified voice of business.
What Are The Goals of Chambers ALL IN?
- Legislative action that brings tangible economic relief to job creators.